Monday, September 26, 2011

Week 4- Hardware/ Privacy

Having the best hardware available at a low price would be advantageous for my entrepreneurial project. Computers could be useful in many ways for my project, including storing and using any necessary information, and potentially running simulation programs to test different versions of my helmet.

A high quality graphics card would be helpful in this regard. I could use images to demonstrate the effectiveness of my product to potential buyers. I could also use it to view videos of head to head collisions that resulted in injury. From these I could possibly gain further insight into ways of improving my design.

Hardware security would become a bigger issue as more money is put into this project. I would have to take many steps to insure that any money going into the project actually goes to the projects and not some computer hackers wallet.

I also learned this week how important it is to dispose of computer memory correctly. It is not good enough to just delete files. This would be important in terms of my project because if any information I used was leaked to competitors, it could be devastating to my success.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very beneficial idea! I definitely think that college, high school, and professional football teams would pick up your helmets and replace their old ones with this new technology. I would like to see you develop the idea more however, I'm still kind of confused as to how it would actually work. Focus a little bit more on how the system of the helmet would actually prevent a concussion. Is it extra padding or a computer chip that would do this? Also add a few more features to the helmet. For example, have the coach (or whoever checks players for injuries I'm not totally sure about that) have a device that will alert the individual that player 88 has been hit incredibly hard and definitely has a concussion and needs immediate attention. Overall, a very useful idea, just develop your ideas as to how you will make the product work.

    ReplyDelete